Sr Software Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference in critical industries? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems and other integrated power solutions that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships; WE ARE GROWING!
As a Principal Embedded Software Architect/Manager with EaglePicher, you will lead our efforts in embedded software design and development for commercialization of advanced lithium ion battery systems used for the most demanding military, aerospace and commercial applications. You will work with industry leaders within our company, as well as at our customers who include Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, NASA, General Electric, BAE, virtually all our government labs, and other Fortune 500 companies around the world.
To apply you must have a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience in software engineering or computer science. You must also be a US Citizen.
Do you gravitate to lead a dynamic team at the forefront of systems architecture and design of battery systems from the ground up? You will work directly with customers, vendors, and other engineers as you create clean, elegant, reusable code in an agile environment built on continuous learning and mentoring.
You and your team will be responsible for compliance to certification requirements and defining and verifying compliance matrices of the battery management system firmware which monitors and protects the battery systems, and the application interfaces to vehicles, ships, aircraft, leveraging busses like CAN, I2C, and SPI. You will participate in trade study analysis activities supporting design decision, behavior analysis and implementation changes for air data systems on various aircraft programs. You will support proprietary programs analyzing software and system requirements and developing MIL/PIL/HIL hardware software interface V&V test cases and procedures with industry recognized tools. Your teams’ goal will be to maximize performance while ensuring the safety of surrounding systems and personnel IAW both military and commercial TRLs.
Daily tasks may include, but not limited to reviewing customers’ requirements and translating these requirements into a functioning architecture that is scalable and modular. Establishing configuration control of new coding and refactoring, hardware/prototype bring up, verification testing, and development of automated test equipment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Strong intuitive sense of fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, and quality software systems
- Expertise in embedded C and robust state machines for real time applications.
- Proficiency at writing low level hardware drivers for UART, ADC, SPI, I2C, DMA, and other off-chip peripherals
- Experience with Microchip PIC, Atmel AVR, STM32 ARM Cortex, or similar MCU's
- Ability to create complex system state diagrams
- Working knowledge of Requirement Management Tools such as DOORS
- Ability to determine and defend the development methodology to use AGILE or WATERFALL
- Expertise in board bring up, troubleshooting, schematics, and diagnostic tool usage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products with 30+ WPM
- 10+ years of industry experience leading software teams in an agile environment
- Comfortable managing requirements generation at multiple sites with both direct and contract personnel
- 20% travel between multiple sites
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with MathWorks DO-178C/DO-331 MBD/MBSE model-based development and verification environment or equivalent software development process, including Simulink, HIL with Speedgoat, Polyspace, and other related tools
- Systems engineering background showing execution experience in a medium size company to satisfy electrical, mechanical and software deliverables
- Working knowledge of Software System Safety Guidance IAW MIL-STD-882
- Experience with system requirements, high and low level software requirements, code, test and traceability information between the artifacts
- Familiarity with event driven frameworks, lightweight RTOS
- Comfortable with other high-level languages (Python, C#, Java) and UX GUI creation.
- Ability to create serial/USB debug interfaces using lightweight in-module test harnesses.
- Comfortable with C++ classes and porting of assembly code to C.
- Knowledge of SCM workflows in VCS (Git, SVN, PDM)
- Ability to design bootloaders, SPI flash, SD, and lightweight file system storage.
- Knowledge of TI DSP and or Code Composer Studio IDE
- Ability to manage and reuse Microsoft Project schedules and PowerPoint/Excel reports
- Experience with full software lifecycle experience with a focus on requirements-based software testing IAW DO-178
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS:
- Our standard stack includes C on Microchip PIC/MPLAB, Altium PCB Designer, Solidworks, Python, Git/SVN, JIRA, IFS, and Windows
- Leading functional teams with anticipated 20% travel between multiple sites
- Increase your knowledge with paid ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions.
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
• 10 paid holidays and PTO;
• Matching 401K;
• Tuition reimbursement;
• Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher's R&D organization provides agile, rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for batteries and battery management systems, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. We build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to thousands of cells. EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, and oil & gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.