- Job ID
- # of Openings
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference in critical industries? EaglePicher Electronic Packaging is a leading developer and manufacturer of hermetic housings and other components for the reliable, long-term protection of mission critical electronics. WE ARE GROWING OUR SOUTHBRIDGE, MA LOCATION AND WE ARE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK! We are seeking a Plating Manager. The Plating Manager is an integral part of the operations team responsible to keep the plating processes operational, and outputs on track with quality and scheduling requirements. The Plating Manager will understand wet chemistry titrations used to maintain bath compositions, as well as best industry practices to help maintain the hygiene of the plating tanks and associated processes and waste streams. The Plating Manager will also work closely with Plating Engineers, Laboratory Technicians, Platers, EHS Manager, and the Plant Manager to enact continuous improvement and optimization projects.
- Management of plating line including tank chemistry, plating processing, rack & barrel maintenance and development, solder application processes and waste management and disposal.
- Manage Plating Lab technicians to ensure stable plating chemistry.
- Drive problem-solving for technical issues until stable serial production is achieved.
- Accountable for all aspects of departmental performance.
- Ensure customer quality requirements are reviewed, understood, & met.
- Ensuring daily production targets are met.
- Prepare work instructions and the qualification and release of new part processes.
- Direct efficient use of labor and material resources continuously working to increase productivity.
- Manage precious metal consumption; submit the monthly consumption data for precious metal inventory or for project-related cost allocation.
- Responsible for the effective conservation of precious metal usage.
- Responsible in the development/ testing /optimization and documentation of new processes and equipment
- Able to instruct and train plating employees on new and existing processes.
- Collaborate with EHS for the safety and environmental protection requirements support plating. Provide assistance in technical clarification of chemical processing. Review safety and environmental issues as required.
- Responsible for the entire plating, plating prep, lab, and post processes.
- On-call support for 24/5 operation.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Chemistry/Metallurgy/Plating Technology.
2+ years experience in management position.
5+ years experience in electroplating environment or wet chemistry lab.
Experience in hot solder practices, NADCAP, lean manufacturing practices.
Good understanding of quality control principles.
Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology.
Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
US Citizen or permanent resident.
Min. 2 years experience in an electroplating environment or wet chemistry lab.
Ability to work independently, establish priorities and work in organized and methodical manner.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and able to interpret AutoCAD engineering drawings, & blueprints.
Safety centric mindset to maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Adherence to all company safety equipment requirements at all times within designated areas, including, but not limited to, safety glasses, safety shoes, and specialized PPE required for each department.
Adherence to EHS, Right to Know, and RCRA requirements.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
May require infrequent travel, both locally and domestically.
Job Reference #: 2384