Plating Lab Technician
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference in critical industries? EaglePicher Electronic Packaging is a leading developer and manufacturer of hermetic housings and other components for the reliable, long-term protection of mission critical electronics. WE ARE GROWING OUR SOUTHBRIDGE, MA LOCATION AND WE ARE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK! We are seeking a Plating Laboratory Technician who will collaborate with the plating team to keep all of the plating processes operational and within specified parameters. The Plating Laboratory Technician will perform wet chemistry titrations to maintain bath compositions, as well as apply best industry practices to help maintain the hygiene of the plating tanks and associated water. The Plating Laboratory Technician will also work closely with Plating Engineers, Platers, and the Plating Manager to enact continuous improvement and optimization projects. This is a second shift position.
Your core responsibilties are:
- Maintain the technical and chemical tank integrity of the plating line
- Monitor and record plating tank parameters, initiate and execute required chemical additions and changes on the plating line
- Manages the chemical inventory, and assists with operations of the wastewater treatment system.
- Ensure process stability within the plating department.
- Perform analyzing procedures with laboratory test equipment to maintain adequate solution levels to achieve proper plating & cleaning operation
- Responsible for developing and maintaining records, charts, and procedures
- Coordinates and assists with maintenance of plating line related equipment
- Must be familiar with all systems, procedures, and plating techniques affecting departmental operations
- Mange precious metal purchase requisitions, submit monthly consumption data for precious metal inventory, responsible for effective conservation of previous metal usage
- Collaborate in the requirements of the safety and environmental protection system. Provides assistance in reviewing safety and environmental issues
- Wastewater license preferred, ability to attain Level 4 license is required
- Follow company and department specific safety training
- Follow OSHA and IMSU requirements
Successful candidates will meet the following qualificaitons:
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency required
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Chemistry/Metallurgy/Plating Technology
- 2+ years experience in an electroplating environment or wet chemistry lab.
- Good understanding of quality control principles.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills.Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
- Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is desired.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE INCLUDE:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance from day one
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K with immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2149