Operations Manager (Medical Devices)
Operations Manager (Medical Devices)
(Manufacturing, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of an Advanced Quality Process Manager to assist in maintaining the company’s world-class quality standards! Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, this individual will be a key member of the manufacturing staff, working closely with Safety, Engineering and Quality to ensure business goals are met. This role will be a significant contributor and decision maker as we strive to drive growth in a very dynamic and fast paced environment.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Operations Leader for EaglePicher Technologies Medical Business will be responsible for multi-facility oversight ensuring day to day safety, quality and production goals are obtained for the medical device business. This role will manage a team of Production Leaders providing coaching and mentoring, assist with problem solving, manage capital budgets, drive operational efficiency focused on reducing waste and improving productivity, while driving execution focused on achieving KPI’s and Customer Service.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Proactively prevent injuries to personnel, damage to the facility, and environmental non-compliances and releases. Instill a team focus that promotes individual ownership and care and concern for others.
- Develop, implement, and improve systems to maximize production outcomes with the assurance that products meet customer specifications.
- Proactively seek opportunities to reduce costs and gain operational productivity, participate in process troubleshooting, development and optimization of new equipment and product lines, development and implementation of process control schemes and resolution of environmental issues.
- Apply technical, engineering, personnel experience knowledge to problem-solving and process design.
- Provide Leadership in the investigation of problems and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide input to assist with the strategic direction of the plant regarding long-term planning involving operating and capital budgets as well as departmental goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership to plant support personnel including reliability, process controls, and process improvement with the objective of improving all plant processes.
- Provide leadership and oversight of technology transfers and start-up of new product lines in support of products transitioning from Design and Development into production.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Have five (5) or more years of managerial experience with a Class 3 medical device manufacturing business.
- Be able to demonstrate success in managing people and leading multiples teams and/or departments in manufacturing.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have demonstrated success in achieving results along with strong financial acumen with experience in Operational Excellence.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- A Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with process validation and product validation and design for manufacturing.
- Multisite, cross-functional team management experience.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.