Operational Quality Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
Responsibilities include actively supporting and driving processes, productivity and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analyses, engineering solutions and sustaining improvements with process control methods; support multiple projects as a key contributing member through technical problem solving, detailed engineering design improvements, in-process analytical and engineering measurement, analysis and control methods; adapt sophisticated enterprise level data collection and analysis methods using client server applications and SQL database tools; utilize process control tools which provide real-time measurement, control, visualization and corrective action information; adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC and other methods to fit process needs, drive stability and overall systematic process improvements. Additional ongoing job responsibilities include: assisting in preparation and review of documentation, in-process inspections for assembly of hardware and testing processes; have a working knowledge of AS-9100 and ISO-9001 standards for Quality Control; interface with Operations for metrics related to First Time Quality.
- Take ownership of assigned responsibilities, seek out assistance in learning roles and responsibilities as needed, keep reporting manager informed of issues that could impact product and/or process compliance, customer satisfaction, and on-time delivery performance.
- Perform as an SME for measurement and sampling methodology.
- Maintain KPI’s and weekly/monthly metric reporting, utilize data to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform validation efforts for equipment and process changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business or related discipline.
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Have an excellent record of attendance and reliability.
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Be detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Be a strong team player, with the ability to effectively interact with other functional groups.