Mechanical Prototype Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Mechanical Prototype Engineer will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams to execute and deliver existing and new products.
The Mechanical Prototype Engineer will collaborate with the engineering teams to design, develop, and qualify cells and battery packs according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets.
- Support all development phases including design, design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
- Responsible to plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment (DOE) for fabrication and testing of batteries.
- Work closely with the R&D teams to determine battery design and mechanical characteristics.
- Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
- Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develop assembly and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
- Generate BOM and prepare cost estimates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or technology related field preferred. Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of formal education.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with vendors, production supervisors, program managers and customer representatives to support the timing and accuracy of all drawing activities.
- Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling would be encouraged.
- 3-5 years’ experience in R&D, or Pre-Product Development environment desired.
- A strong practical electrical and/or mechanical background preferred.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1854