Mechanical Design Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Mechanical Design Engineer will collaborate with the engineering team to design, develop and qualify hermetically sealed electronic packaging according to customer specification and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Mechanical Design Engineer will apply the best industry practices to design and produce clear, accurate detail drawings of military, aerospace and commercial electronic products, components, assemblies, tooling and other drawings as required.
The core responsibilities of this position:
- Develop design specifications for components, assembled parts and equipment.
- Provide tool and fixture design to support needed functional, dimensional and visual requirements of components.
- Demonstrate manufacturing feasibility and technical justification for selected design approach.
- Interface with external and internal resources to obtain prototype parts and equipment.
- Interface with internal and external resources to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Interface with Engineering & Operations to implement designs into production.
- Develop and design project, validation and qualification plans.
- Prepare assembly and process specifications, as well as other engineering documents.
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years mechanical design of precision parts with three (3) years minimum related to 3-D CAD experience and ability to operate a CAD workstation.
- Autodesk Inventor is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) as well as ANSI Y 14.x engineering drawing standards.
- Three (3) years minimum experience introducing new or developing new products.
- Glass to metal seal (GTMS) and/or electronic packaging experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Military Specifications is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated and hands-0n. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word, Outlook).
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.