Materials Manager - Defense (Internal Only)
EaglePicher is searching for a
About the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all activities relating to ensuring timely and continuous supply for Defense Programs. This position serves as a key interface between Supply Chain and Defense Operations teams and will be a direct report to the Director of Supply Chain.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Responsible for understanding and mitigating risk associated with lead time and supply issues.
- Responsible for articulating issues and resolutions at a high level relating to supply chain with Director of Supply Chain and Director of Manufacturing for Defense
- Responsible for collaborating with demand planning/scheduling/planners to create a full year forecast for top defense programs
- Responsible for minimizing disruption within and stabilization of supply chain
- Enable a strong sense of urgency and nimble supply chain execution
- Build and maintain solid relationships with strategic supply chain partners, while enabling business success through collaboration
- Collaborate and problem solve within the department, across multiple departments, and across multiple employee levels
- Must be a self-starter who will work closely within the Supply Chain team (planners, buyers, category managers) to understand root cause of issues and formulate/carry out resolutions with minimal supervision
- Routinely evaluate and manage priorities of the department to mitigate lost production time due to material availability
- Communicate and troubleshoot with both internal and external customers regarding material needs
- Works on special projects as directed
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Have a BS/BA degree.
· Have 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain preferably materials management in a manufacturing environment.
· Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide resolutions.
· Have excellent communication skills, effective time management skills, and be able to meet tight timelines.
· Have excellent organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to prioritize workflow based upon changing production needs.
· Have the ability to handle multiple tasks with awareness of deadlines.
· Have a sense of urgency and be consistent with follow through.
· Be proactive in taking the initiative to work independently.
About EaglePicher Technologies, LLC:
EaglePicher Technologies is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, grid energy storage, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, nickel hydrogen, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, Mo., and is ISO9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EPT offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, short-term and voluntary long-term disability, company-paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, scholarship program and relocation benefits for some positions.