EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, is the leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, space and commercial industries, and provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. EaglePicher Technologies offers a wide range of battery technology including thermal, nickel hydrogen, lithium carbonmonofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, lithium ion, reserve lithium oxyhalide, custom battery assemblies and silver zinc batteries. EPT also provides other energy products and pyrotechnic devices for the defense industry as well as advanced battery chargers and other power solutions for business, industrial and recreational applications. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, Missouri. For more information, visit eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher is searching for a Material Planner
About the Position:
Position plans and maintains the material requirements for certain Defense and Space Systems product lines. All product delivery requirements will flow through Material Planner to ensure adherence to production schedule and proper inventory levels.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Ensure Bill of Material is maintained in an accurate manner through close coordination with Engineering.
· Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure material delivery dates meet production needs.
· Identify and coordinate advance notice, input and resolution of material shortages/overages.
· Analyze data and collaborate with internal customers to determine and apply appropriate ordering, inventory, and replenishment levels.
· Anticipate potential problems and risks, and generates ideas, insight and solutions to resolve, potential problems, followed by decisive action to implement solutions.
· Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels, and reduce total costs in order to support lean manufacturing activities.
· Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing of pertinent business information to all departments.
· Represent the company successfully and exercises flexibility in their communications with internal and external customers.· Perform other duties as assigned.
To succeed in the position, you must:
· High school diploma/GED; bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 3 years manufacturing experience with 2 years in planning related function.
· Strong computer skills and familiar with basic MRP system functions; moderate skills in Excel.
· Proven ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal.
· Understanding of Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma desired.
· Self-starter, high energy, work independently, exercise sound judgment, handle multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing work environment.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting and coordinating work within the departments of the organization.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office with emphasis on data analysis in Excel.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of sales and operational planning processes and MRP systems.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, short-term and voluntary long-term disability, company-paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, scholarship program and relocation benefits for some positions.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.