Master Production Scheduler
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Supply Chain
EaglePicher is searching for a Master Production Scheduler to join our team at our C Street Facility in Joplin, MO! The primary purpose of this position is to develop exceptional customer delivery through accurate scheduling. The primary function of this role is to properly schedule all assigned product lines while balancing customer needs with manufacturing/supply chain constraints in order to maximize on-time delivery.
This position will be an integral member of the Supply Chain team with responsibilities aimed at the development of exceptional customer delivery through accurate scheduling. The Master Scheduler will manage processes related to capacity and service level forecasting and capacity/constraint management. The primary function of this role is to properly schedule all assigned product lines while balancing customer needs with manufacturing/supply chain constraints in order to maximize on-time delivery. This role works closely with Operations and Supply Chain team members in meeting business and financial goals relating to production scheduling. The Master Scheduler will be responsible for keeping the production schedule accurate and current while utilizing systems data analysis. This position will report to the Director of Supply Chain and will support various manufacturing sites of EPT.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct capacity planning and analysis to develop internal production plans.
- Analyze current business processes (plan vs. actual) to identify areas of constraint and translate into mitigation plans and process improvements.
- Partner with Contracts, Operations, and Supply Chain to avoid material shortages by analyzing and identifying risks associated with the options built into the production plan, including manufacturing and material lead times.
- Utilize the production capacity; ensure balance of plant capacity, and identify white space in the plan.
- Monitor actual output vs. production plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric for production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Work closely with Director of Operations to determine feasibility for cut-in requests.
- High level of collaboration with Supply Chain to communicate forecast and demand changes.
- Maintain production plan with weekly Operational reviews.
- Identify outliers, leading indicators, trends, and pitfalls to develop proactive mitigation plans.
- Aid in creation, maintenance, and timely reporting of metrics, KPIs, and related analytical tools, including supply chain effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for OTD reporting for all sites.
- Support S&OP process meetings to review service levels and performance against schedule.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Program Management, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in master scheduling.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma principles utilizing consignment, pull systems, Kanban a plus.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, presentation.
- Proven experience with complex planning, forecasting, and product lifecycle programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Advanced (subject matter expert) experience level in ERP (including data mining), MRP, Excel.
- Proficient experience level in PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Word.
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team player.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.