Manufacturing / Process Engineer (Medical)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher located in Surrey, BC, is in need of a Manufacturing Engineer to join their Medical Operations Team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Manufacturing / Process Engineer, you provide key support in actively improving and driving processes and productivity. This position will support production of medical battery manufacturing, as well as improve and support current manufacturing, documentation and metrics processes. In this position, you will also contribute to the improvement of existing process, and collaborate with product design teams to achieve design for manufacturability.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Actively improve and drive process, productivity, and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustaining improvement with process controls;
- Be responsible for design and development of tooling, fixtures and automated equipment for ramp in production;
- Correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis, and implement error proofing solutions utilizing SBC and DOE methodologies;
- Design and perform qualification and validation tests;
- Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC, and other methods to fit process need, driving stability, and overall systematic process improvements;
- Initiate and recommend continuous improvement activities to increase efficiencies and reduce scrap
- Draft technical reports
- Participate in planning of equipment layout and workflow to maintain safe and optimum utilization of resources, using pre-defined quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Have a relevant degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics (minimum of Bachelor's level)
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ manufacturing experience in regulated environment;
- Possess excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications;
- Have a working knowledge of various welding processes;
- Have knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC, Lean Six Sigma and process FMEA's;
- Have experience in data measurement, time studies, and analysis, using sound statistical analysis methods;
- Possess excellent written and oral English communication skills and the ability to produce high quality tecnical reports;
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or ISO 13485;
- Capability to multi-task, managing multiple different-level priority tasks.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- Previous experience in Six Sigma Process Improvement methods;
- A background in automation
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of welding skills;
- Experience with implantible medical devices
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- Paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1261