Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Internal Only)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Manufacturing Engineering Technician at EaglePicher, you will support Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance in providing and maintaining world-class processes, equipment, and tools to ensure batteries and energetic devices are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet the mission-critical quality standards our Defense customers demand. This role requires a hands-on approach and passion for working on the manufacturing floor to solve problems and make improvements.
• Support equipment and tooling across entire lifecycle from development, trials, installation, qualification, production, repair & preventative maintenance, obsolescence, replacement, and removal
• Tooling and fixture design
• Assist with implementation of new processes, equipment, product-specific programming, fixtures and tooling
• Troubleshoot and solve process and equipment issues
• Plan, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Develop process work instructions and standard operating procedures
• Collect process data, consolidate, and report on results
• Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement correct actions
• Contribute to new product designs for manufacturability by providing input to design teams
• Associates degree in Engineering Technology or related technical discipline
• Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of machines and small parts tolerances
• Basic electrical understanding of schematics and electrical circuits
• Detail-oriented with an analytical, structured approach to problem solving
• Hands-on knowledge of automated assembly equipment.
• Hands-on precision shop skills; i.e. parts assembly under optical magnification, sample cross-sectioning, power tools, mills, lathes, grinding, welding, cutting, soldering, etc.
• Proficient computer skills and software use; Microsoft Office, CAD, 3D printing
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and team-oriented
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or related technical discipline.
• Experience in semi-automated industrial environments
• Experience with powder metal processing (feeding, filling, weighing, pressing, granulizing, etc.)
• Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies
• Experience with welding/metal joining (laser, resistance, tig, mig, solder, braze, etc.);
• Robotics, process, or assembly automation experience
• Exposure to automated vision & inspection
• Understanding of formal process validation methods such as IQ, OQ, PQ; or AP/QP.
• Understanding of statistical data collection, analysis and reporting;
• Machining experience with manual or CNC forms of vertical axes, lathes, grinders, etc.
• Exposure to PLC ladder logic, HMI’s, machine coding.
• Experience with 3D solid modeling software (SolidWorks or Inventor preferred)
• Experience with GD&T and engineering drawing/prints creation.