- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you provide key support in actively improving and driving processes and productivity. This position will support production of battery manufacturing, as well as improve and support current manufacturing, documentation and metrics processes. In this position, you will also contribute to the improvement of existing processes, and collaborate with product design teams to achieve design for manufacturability.
- Actively improve and drive process, productivity, and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustaining improvement with process controls;
- Be responsible for design and development of automated equipment for ramp in production;
- Correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions;
- Be a major player in design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process;
- Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC, and other methods to fit process need, driving stability, and overall systematic process improvements.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be highly driven and a self-starter
- Have a four-year degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering
- Have two years’ web converting experience
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science or technical degree (Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred)
- Moderate manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods;
- Possess excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications;
- Have knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC and Lean Six Sigma;
- Have experience in data measurement, analysis, and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods;
- Previous experience in Six Sigma Process Improvement methods preferred
- A background in automation with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley systems preferred;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of welding skills preferred;
- Experience with GMP, ISO, and AS9100 quality system methods preferred.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1805