Manufacturing Engineer - Medical
This position will perform process analysis, engineering design improvements through automation and establish improved process control for manufacturing processes
Ongoing Responsibilities include:
• Actively improve and drive process, productivity and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustaining improvement with process control methods
• Be responsible for design and development of automated equipment for major ramp in production
• Correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions
• Function as team leader in problem solving and manufacturing process improvement
• Be a major player in design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process
• Adapt sophisticated enterprise level data collection and analysis methods using client server applications and SQL database tools; utilize process control tools which provide real-time process measurement, control, visualization and corrective action information
• Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC and other methods to fit process need driving stability and overall systematic process improvements
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science or technical degree
• Minimum of three years manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods along with Six-Sigma process improvement methods
• Background in automation with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley systems preferred.
• Welding knowledge is a plus
• Excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC and Lean Six Sigma
• Experience in data measurement, analysis and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods
• Experience with GMP, ISO and AS-9100 quality system methods is a plus
• Good communication skills in cross-functional team environment
• Able to multi-task managing multiple different priority tasks
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
About EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, an OM Group company, is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, grid energy storage, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, nickel hydrogen, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, Mo., and is ISO9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship program.
EPT features a 9/80 work schedule where professionals work 9-hour days with every other Friday off throughout the year.
EaglePicher is proud to be an EEO/AA employer (male, female, disabled and veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
About OM Group
OM Group is a technology-based industrial growth company serving attractive global markets, including automotive systems, electronic devices, aerospace, industrial and renewable energy. Its business platforms use innovative technologies and expertise to address customers' complex applications and demanding requirements. For more information, visit the Company's website at www.omgi.com.