Manufacturing Engineer - Defense & Space (Crossroads)
(Operations, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of a Manufacturing Engineer to join the Operations Team! This facility supports various chemistries and departments, including Lithium Ion and CFx, and continuous Research and Development, Defense, Space, and Medical industries. From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you provide key support in actively improving and driving processes and productivity. This position will support production of battery manufacturing, as well as improve and support current manufacturing, documentation and metrics processes. In this position, you will also contribute to the improvement of existing process, and collaborate with product design teams to achieve design for manufacturability.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Actively improve and drive process, productivity, and quality improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and sustaining improvement with process controls;
· Be responsible for design and development of automated equipment for ramp in production;
· Correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions;
· Be a major player in design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process;
· Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC, and other methods to fit process need, driving stability, and overall systematic process improvements.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or related discipline;
· Have a minimum of 3 years’ manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods;
· Possess excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications;
· Have knowledge and application experience utilizing statistical analysis tools such as SPC and Lean Six Sigma;
· Have experience in data measurement, analysis, and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods;
· Possess good communication skills in cross-functional team environments;
· Be able to multi-task, managing multiple different-level priority tasks.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· Previous experience in Six Sigma Process Improvement methods;
· A background in automation with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley systems;
· Previous experience and/or knowledge of welding skills;
· Experience with GMP, ISO, and AS9100 quality system methods.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.