Manufacturing Development Intern
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, is the leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, space and commercial industries, and provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher is currently looking for a student to join the EaglePicher Manufacturing Development Team as a Part-Time Intern.
Ongoing Job Responsibilities:
- DOE (Designer of Experiment) Support - This would be the primary area of work. There is an R&D project focused on reducing the amount of electrolyte creepage at the negative terminal of an alkaline battery. The DOE has been initiated and this position will perform inspections, write reports, and work with the projects' R&D engineer in analyzing the data sets.
- Battery/Cell Testing - To a lesser degree, we may ask for assistance in putting the cells on performance testing. There would be a protocol to be followed and some general reporting.
- Data Analysis - In addition to reporting, some statistical analysis of data may be required.
- Timeliness and thoroughness of work
- Display critical thinking and analysis skills beyond simply "crunching" data
- Engage the technical staff with questions and insights
- Basic computer and MS Software skills required
- Minimum 1 year college in science, engineering, or related field of study (2 years preferred)
- Statistical analysis coursework and/or application preferred
- Experience with microscope preferred
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident