Manufacting Engineer - Energetics
- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Manufacturing Engineer at EaglePicher, you will be the process owner and technical subject matter expert for all processes and productivity for your designated site and area(s). Your primary responsibility will be providing world-class metrics, processes, equipment, documentation, and tools to ensure batteries are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet mission-critical quality standards. In this position, you will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve optimal, manufacture-able designs.
Passion for process improvement is required. Obsession is preferred!
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Drive stability, and overall systematic process improvements through measurement, detailed analysis, and process controls;
- Adapt Lean Six Sigma, SPC, and other methods to stabilize and optimize processes;
- Develop, document, maintain, and improve manufacturing processes;
- Design tooling and fixtures;
- Create and maintain process work instructions and standard operating procedures;
- Train manufacturing personnel on new processes and equipment;
- Troubleshoot and solve process and equipment issues;
- Correct production problems utilizing root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions;
- Support product failure investigations to determine root cause and implement corrective actions;
- Closely collaborate in design for manufacturability on new projects in the stage gate process;
- Spec, procure, and implement capital equipment;
- Design and manage development of automated equipment for production ramp-ups;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical discipline utilizing science and engineering problem solving methods;
- Proficient with Microsoft office software Possess Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High energy and self-motivated with a passion for process improvement;
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of dimensioning and tolerance analysis;
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving;
- Experience in data measurement, analysis, and report authoring using sound statistical analysis methods;
- Experienced and knowledgeable with automated assembly equipment;
- Technical writing experience;
- Solid Modeling 3D CAD design software experience.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Moderate manufacturing experience in industrial engineering or scientific discipline;
- A background in automation with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley systems;
- Experience with GMP, ISO, and AS9100 quality system methods.
- Excellent computer skills in Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications;
- Battery industry experience (especially Thermal batteries);
- Experience with powder metal processing (powder feeding, pellet pressing/consolidation, etc.);
- Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies;
- Experience with welding/metal joining (laser, resistance, tig, etc.);
- Robotics and process/assembly automation experience;
- Automated inspection experience (vision systems, etc.);
- Experience with formal validation methods such as PPAP and IQ, OQ, PQ;
- Experience with statistical data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Project management experience;
- Trained in use of Six Sigma Process Improvement methods;
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.