Manager, Mechanical Systems Engineering
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, is searching for a Manager, Mechanical System Engineering to join our team at our Lithiumstart Facility.
The Manager, Mechanical Systems Engineering will be responsible for providing technical and organizational leadership to a small team of Mechanical Engineers in designing, developing and integrating complex systems solutions for our battery packs and modules according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Manager will be responsible for team development as well as establishing electrical systems engineer standards and procedures.
As a key contributor in the prototyping of lithium ion battery systems used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more, you will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
- Provide hands on leadership to the engineering team by defining engineering pipeline and roadmaps for projects, and provide coaching on technical issues such as technical feasibility, and design review.
- Establish and maintain best engineering practices and product lifecycle management techniques to ensure top quality for new product introductions.
- Responsible for conceptual design, shock/vibe/thermal analysis, CAD modeling, drawings, and GD&T. Other key contributions will include first article and tooling/jig fabrication using mills/lathes/laser cutters and other power tools.
- Ability to understand and think at the "system" level is critical to this role.
- Review customer requirements and subsequent translation into internal systems requirement specifications
Deliverables / Outcomes
- A cohesive, highly productive team that consistently meets customer specifications and documentation requirements while meeting or exceeding expectations regarding timing and budget
- A team of individual contributors that exhibit entrepreneurial drive and are satisfied in their roles
- Coordinated and integrated resource plan utilizing all sites to support technology progress across EaglePicher
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Mechanical Engineering desired; with 10+ working experience with at least 3-5 years in managing teams.
- Experience in designing and leading systems level projects, able to understand and think at the "system" level and display system level understanding is critical to this role
- Strong attention to detail and excellent recall of that detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- 3D CAD modeling, drawing, and best practices for Solidworks; GD&T proficiency.
- Experience in mechanical integration with power or battery management background.
- Observant, objective, and methodical with good visualization and estimation skills.
- Strong ability to recognize risk points in systems and design work and work flow to address those risks rather than "boil the ocean"
- Knowledgeable in parts fabrication/assembly, optimizing for manufacturability, cost, etc.
- Ability to be agile in a fast paced environment.
- GMP, ISO, and AS-9100 quality system methods. Able to implement version control systems.
- Interdisciplinary background, familiar with basic software and electrical engineering concepts.
- DoD, ITAR, NIST experience
- US Citizenship
Environment and Benefits
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, and foosball
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart - we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.