Manager - Finance (Financial) Operations
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Reporting to the Director Finance, the Manager of Finance Operations s responsible for overseeing and directing the finance staff in all aspects of the FP&A function. The Manager will oversee the process of budgeting, forecasting and analysis in order to strategically support senior management decision-making for multiple sites and business units. Manage financial staff activities for developing short and long-term financial forecasts including gross margin modeling, capital budgeting and a wide range of financially-oriented tasks. Manage Financial Analysts in evaluating department performance, establishing budgets, providing assistance in project bidding, conducting contract status reviews, updating monthly performance information and completing additional analyst duties as assigned. Ideal candidate will be finance expert with demonstrated ability to lead financial team.
- Direct creation and continuous updating of the Defense segment profit and loss, orders, and invoicing forecasts in conjunction with the Program Managers and Operations for all backlogged and pipeline programs.
- Partner with Program Management to establish estimates at complete (EACs) for each awarded contract, based on either pricing files or established job history.
- Maintain and analyze weekly progress toward each EAC, providing timely and actionable data to Program Managers to ensure programs remain on-track.
- Review month-end POC/Revenue recognition process for the segment and provide accurate reporting of actual revenue, contribution/gross margin, COS and B/S.
- Analyze and articulate variances for plan/forecast vs actual.
- Develop basis-of-estimates (BOEs) and pricing files for inclusion in proposals.
- Prepare cash flow forecast for specific proposals/programs.
- Responsible for annual budgeting process for the SBUs.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance
- Minimum 5 years in financial planning and analysis role in manufacturing industry with thorough understanding of financials and modeling
- Prior experience successfully managing staff strongly desired
- Strong, influential leader with ability to move projects forward independently and through subordinates
- Strong in timely execution of tasks
- Able to work well and deal effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong PC and analytical skills
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.