Manager, Electrical & Embedded Systems Engineering
Manager, Electrical & Embedded Systems Engineering
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, is searching for a Manager, Electrical & Embedded Systems Engineering to join our team at our Lithiumstart Facility in Burlingame, California. The Manager, Electrical & Embedded Systems Engineering will be responsible for providing hands-on technical and organizational leadership to a small team of Electrical & Firmware Engineers in designing, developing and integrating complex circuit solutions for our battery packs and modules according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Manager will be responsible for team development as well as establishing electrical engineer standards and procedures.
As a key contributor in the prototyping of lithium ion battery systems used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more, you will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in complex system based products, be interested in battery management systems, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Provide hands on leadership to the engineering team by defining engineering pipeline and roadmaps for projects, and provide technical direction on feasibility, and actively participate in PCB design and Embedded Systems reviews
- Establish and maintain best engineering practices and product lifecycle management techniques to ensure top quality for new product introductions.
- Responsible for designing, analyzing and simulating electrical portions of our battery packs and control systems for lithium-ion batteries
- Provide technical ownership of areas of the electronics PCB design, development and validation of our battery packs and the embedded systems within
- Focus on high technical input for on-time and on-budget delivery
- Manage the complete life-cycle of battery packs from open and closed loop controls, diagnostics and algorithms, electronic control modules, microcontrollers, sensors and switches, actuators, mechatronics in the context of embedded systems
- Review customer requirements and subsequently translate them into internal systems requirement specifications
Deliverables / Outcomes
- A cohesive, highly productive team that consistently meets customer specifications and documentation requirements while meeting or exceeding expectations regarding timing and budget
- A team of individual contributors that exhibit entrepreneurial drive and are satisfied in their roles
- Coordinated and integrated resource plan utilizing all sites to support technology progress across EaglePicher
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Electrical Engineering desired; with 10+ years working experience with at least 3-5 years managing teams or working on high power battery systems
- Experience in designing and leading systems level projects as well as designing the PCBs and other electronics that make them
- Experienced with Altium Designer or similar PCB CAD tool
- Experience in debugging complex circuits that you designed as well as those you didn’t
- Strong attention to detail and excellent recollection of that detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of PCB and circuit design from concept through prototype and manufacturing (including PCB design).
- Experience with power electronics or battery management background a bonus
- Observant, objective, and methodical with good visualization and estimation skills
- Ability to recognize and prioritize the resolution of key design risks during the development process.
- Ability to be agile in a fast paced environment
- GMP, ISO, and AS-9100 quality system methods. Able to implement version control systems
- Interdisciplinary background: strong experience in circuits, some experience in firmware, and some exposure to mechanical design
- DoD, ITAR, NIST experience
- US Citizenship
Environment and Benefits
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, basketball, and foosball
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart - we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.