Manager - Distributed Products
- Job ID
- # of Openings
At EaglePicher Technologies, LLC we are driving the electrification of defense, aviation and space. We provide the broadest number of battery systems available in the world for the most demanding applications. We provide leading edge products that make drones fly higher, undersea vessels run longer, and aircraft fly farther and operate more safely. Our battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions.
Our employees are passionate, dedicated and empowered to realize this vision. We strive for the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds personalities and perspectives, and to ensure this works, we create an inclusive work environment that places a premium on communication and collaboration. At EaglePicher, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you with access to the latest tools, information and training.
EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. with locations in Joplin, MO and East Greenwich, RI. We are ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Distributed Products Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day functions for the organization. These duties include but are not limited to, direct supervision of the DP staff, coordination with key Keeper and Carefree suppliers, ordering and receipt of products, financial forecasting / budgeting, inside and outside sales, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, and general P&L responsibility.
- Manage the entire Keeper and Carefree product line that is currently produced in Asia.
- Provide oversight for the other members of the Distributed Products team. This includes: Operators, Inside Sales/Customer Service, Outside Sales, and Logistics.
- Prepare budgets and development periodic revenue and margin forecasts.
- Be willing to travel up to 25% of time.
- Provide leadership for development of new business.
- Maintain positive relationships with key product suppliers.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to others on production processes. Develop and/or contribute to the development of written work instructions and documentation. Review and ensure compliance to customer specifications, regulations and other requirements.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members; work well with internal customers as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Monitor and review information from systems, productivity levels, scheduling data, backlog, work environment and other sources to ensure production goals are met or to detect and assess issues.
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to employees about technical matters. Properly escalate any complaints, disputes, conflicts or concerns properly to leadership for resolution.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time. Act as a role model for the work force and embody desired leadership behaviors and attitude.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in assigned area and other areas.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork and tracking metrics data related to quality, safety and production. Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data, or process information.
- Communicate with leaders, peers, or subordinates to provide pertinent information. Also communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, writing, or by phone or e-mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a BS or equivalent degree or experience;
- Have 2-4 years’ experience in a management or sales role;
- Have good communication skills;
- Ability to effectively manage others;
- Great time management and ability to multitask;
- Have a good technical aptitude;
- Ability to successfully interact as a Business Development leader;
- Basic understanding of finance (primarily for budgeting and forecasting);
- Have good manual dexterity and fine motor skills;
- Display great attention to detail, ability to read technical documents;
- Have proficient computer skills in a PC windows environment;
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 2284