Lean/Six Sigma Leader
(Lean/Six Sigma, Crossroads Facility)
ABOUT THE POSITION
EaglePicher is looking for a skilled Lean Leader to join the Operations team, and assume responsibility for creating, communicating, implementing and managing the Lean and Six Sigma process for all of EaglePicher. This position will structure and launch Lean projects jointly with the other Lean Leaders throughout EaglePicher. To ensure impact, you will actively participate in the structuring, the diagnostic, the generation of the project plan, and in most cases, the implementation of the pilot phase that ensures that a part of the operation is optimized while the local team is trained in Lean so they can continue optimizing the remaining operations autonomously and the Program Leader can move to the next area of evaluation.
Your core responsibilities will be the following:
• At start of the project, the Lean Program Leader will, together with the Lean project manager, run the day-to-day project management of a pilot, including team management, creation and tracking/ monitoring of project plans, escalation of challenges, managing interfaces with local teams, identifying and testing solutions to identified operational issues, documenting overall impact, etc.
• Over time, when the local resources are more mature and grow in autonomy, the corporate Lean Program Leader ensures all elements are in place to ensure sustainable results (including standardization, 5S, performance management, problem solving, a proper governance) and progressively reduces his active involvement, typically leading to ongoing distant support on a regular but infrequent basis.
• Support mature lean projects and coach experienced Local Lean Project Managers. Some operations have experienced Lean Project Managers, which do not need intensive support to run their projects. They still benefit from periodic coaching on the issues they might encounter or just on having a problem solving partner. The Lean Program Leader supports and coaches these local managers, and ensures systematic interaction and sharing of experiences and best practices. This link to local operations also supports the further development of the common Lean methodology and best practice documentation.
• Support the further development of the Lean System. This methodology and affiliated training program is a practical and pragmatic collection of methods and tools specifically adapted to the EaglePicher operation. It covers all relevant topics, from how to analyze a lab, identify and quantify improvement opportunities to finally define and implement appropriate solutions to increase quality, reduce turn-around-time and save cost.
• The Lean Program Leader will, with support of the Operations leadership team, own and develop parts of the methodology, create new training modules, review and challenge proposals from colleagues and lead/ participate in workshops to challenge and further complete the methodology, as well as the creation and measurement of quality metrics at EaglePicher sites.
• Implementation of Management Operating Systems (MOS)
• Support the dissemination of the Lean System through coaching in projects, delivering of trainings, organization of onboarding events to visit sites, organizing knowledge sharing calls with a wider Lean expert network and contributing to specific Lean communications, such as newsletters.
• Participate in the selection of local Lean project managers, by supporting local HR departments in assessing the Lean knowledge and experience of candidates and participating in the recruitment decision process.
• Define best practices. The program leader will ensure that all identified and successfully tested practices are documented so they can be shared with each location, using standardized templates.
• Support or lead other Lean initiatives. Depending on the workload and team composition, a Lean Program Leader might also support or lead other initiatives of the Lean group. He is expected to be a flexible team member of the “consulting pool” that can be assigned to different projects or initiatives, depending on the overall situation
To succeed in this position, you must meet the following requirements:
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills;
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail ;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude;
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies;
• Lean TPM back ground;
• Six Sigma Black Belt;
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Economy, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major);
• 10- 15% Travel required;
• 2 year of project management experience;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Lean/Six Sigma Setting;
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.