Journeyman Toolmaker 2
- Job ID
- # of Openings
The Journeyman Toolmaker with a passion for customer service at EaglePicher is a key contributor in delivering first class tools, fixtures, and prototype parts for upcoming and ongoing projects. Successful execution of multiple projects ensures timely delivery of our Energetic Devices products that safely and efficiently meet mission-critical, life-saving applications our Defense customers demand.
· Promoting a safe and productive team-oriented environment.
· Promoting excellent house-keeping, setup and operations work practices.
· Operate and program a variety of machine shop equipment: 3- axis CNC, Lathe, vertical mills, drill presses, surface grinders, saws, welders, 3D printers, etc.
· Read, interpret and maintain drawings for tools, fixtures, and machines with a good working knowledge of GD&T.
· Contribute to customer-oriented team environment in determining solutions for a variety of upcoming projects.
· Learn from higher-level toolmakers, help train Apprentice, and lower level Journeyman toolmakers.
· Multi-task across multiple projects and equipment to maintain dynamic response network of tasks and projects to ensure on time delivery, resuming production, and smooth production starts.
· Actively learn and share new methods and techniques related to machining, fabrication, welding, additive manufacturing.
· U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
· H.S. diploma or equivalent.
· Strong mechanical understanding of machines and small parts tolerances.
· Detail-oriented with an analytical, structured approach to problem solving.
· Proficient with Microsoft office software.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills.
· Understand the use of tools, fixturing and special equipment in a production environment.
· Self-motivated, helpful team spirit, with a passion for smooth-running production life cycles.
· Ability to operate CNC equipment and edit programs;
· Experience in the use of surface grinder and knowledge of wheel types.
· Able to create files, set up and run FDM and SLA equipment;
· Strong working knowledge of shop math, geometry and shop trigonometry;
· Good working knowledge of Machinery’s Handbook, threads, fits, gears, feeds, speeds and weld symbols.
· Working knowledge of types of metals, tool steels, alloying elements and the concepts of metallurgy.
· Experience in heat-treating and tempering tool steels.
· Ability to read and interpret detail drawings for conversion into parts;
· Experienced in safely lifting and maneuvering tools and weights in excess of 80+ lb.
· Journeyman level or equivalent, 5-15yrs experience.
· Technical degree in toolmaking, or related technical discipline.
· Experience in semi-automated industrial environments;
· Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies;
· Experience with welding/metal joining (solder ,TIG, laser).
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.