INTERN - Analytical Lab
This position is for a lab intern to help with the daily production testing and lab cleaning and maintenance. They will be performing chemical tests and running analytical equipment throughout the three labs in Joplin. They will be utilized for special lab and lab-ware cleaning and regular maintenance on the equipment under the guidance of a technician.
Only local candidates will be considered for this position.
- Perform specific material tests in a timely and accurate manner
- Report results of material tests for validation of material check points
- Maintain test equipment in good working order and pass reports of possible issues to supervisor
- Working on completing B.S. in chemistry or related field is preferred
- Self-starter and schedule-driven
- Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Measurement and instrumentation experience desired
- Strong background with Excel
- Basic chemistry lab experience is required
Minimal Education level Required: college Junior status
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, a Vectra company, is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, grid energy storage, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, nickel hydrogen, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, Mo., and is ISO9001:2008 and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship program.
EaglePicher is proud to be an EEO/AA employer (male, female, disabled and veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.