(Maintenance, C Street Facility)
EaglePicher is in need of an HVAC Technician to join the Maintenance Team at our C Street Facility in Joplin, MO! Our Maintenance team is tasked with maintaining, installing, upgrading, and repairing some of the most specialized HVAC/R equipment in the area. We work in critical application areas that require quick responses with lasting results. As a team, we maintain large areas with temperature and humidity control down to -60C.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an HVAC Technician, you will performing routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed, including the installation of equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications. You will work with PLC controlled equipment, refrigeration, and general electrical, mechanical, and plumbing maintenance, as well as repairs and troubleshooting for the entire facility.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC/R controls and systems;
- Diagnose and repair dehumidification systems;
- Install electrical systems and controls;
- Install conduit, electrical boxes, electrical apparatus, appliances and other equipment in a neat, safe and professional manner;
- Direct the installation and startup of new systems including ductwork, ventilation, electrical, controls, and cascade test systems;
- Be available to provide afterhours support for facility operations;
- Interact with vendors to source correct repair parts;
- Perform basic computer and administrative duties;
- Interact with other departments to accomplish tasks;
- Be willing to learn new processes and techniques.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Have a High School diploma or GED equivalent;
- Be EPA certified to handle all refrigerants;
- Have a minimum of 2 years of HVAC Experience;
- Have the knowledge and experience to layout, install, repair, and maintain various HVAC systems;
- Be able and willing to work in adverse weather conditions;
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Be comfortable and able to work from ladders, scaffolding, man lifts, etc.;
- Possess valid driver’s license;
- Have an excellent record of attendance and reliability;
- Conduct yourself in a manner where safety is the highest standard.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- Experience with PLC systems and programming;
- Refrigeration experience;
- Experience on dehumidification systems;
- Experience on cascade systems;
- Experience on 3 phase and commercial power systems;
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.