Human Resources Representative
(Human Resources, C Street Facility)
EaglePicher’s C Street Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of an HR Representative to join the Human Resources Team! EaglePicher’s HR Team is dedicated to providing opportunities for learning and growth, knowing that the employees at EaglePicher are the company’s greatest asset.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Answer phones for the HR department when needed and properly route calls and/or take information to provide to appropriate HR staff.
- Perform HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Maintain confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality of all employee records, information, or conversations.
- Assists employees, supervisors, and managers with basic interpretation of policies and procedures while routing questions to appropriate HR staff.
- Assist with and/or facilitate new employee orientations.
- Respond to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Provide clerical and operational support to other human resource staff.
- Assist with processing of terminations.
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process as needed.
- Assist with recruitment and scheduling interviews for hiring authorities.
- Track status of candidates in ATS, and respond with follow-up letters manually and/or electronically at the end of the recruiting process.
- Prepare offer letters for final approval of Director of HR and/or HR Manager.
- Set up new hires for pre-screening.
- Help coordinate the use of temporary employees.
- Help coordinate selected programs throughout the company (i.e. internship, referral, tuition reimbursement, scholarship recipients, etc.) .
- Assist in event planning for HR related committees, and company celebrations.
- Attend committee meetings to gather notes and helps coordinate schedules and action items.
- Schedule meetings as requested by the director of HR and/or HR Manager.
- Make photocopies; mail, scan and email documents; perform other clerical functions.
- Assist with or prepare correspondence as requested.
- Prepare new-employee files.
- Process mail.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have 1+ years of previous HR experience or HR-related clerical work.
- Have a high attention for detail, and possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Possess excellent critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Be skilled in developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Have the ability to serve internal and external customers with integrity and respect, while maintaining high standards of confidentiality.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, communication, or a related field.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The primary purpose of this position is to functions as a representative for the EaglePicher Human Resources Department under the direction of the Human Resources Director to support all EaglePicher employees. The HR Representative will provide support in the areas of recruitment and staffing, personnel records, employee relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS and training