Health, Safety & Environmental Generalist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Health & Safety
Position is responsible for managing all aspects of health, safety and environmental issues to support EHS functions at one or multiple facilities; aggressively manage worker’s compensation and property risk and be an integral member of the leadership team to drive the success of the business.
- Drive a safety-oriented culture
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local environmental and safety regulations
- Establish and maintain written Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) programs
- Primary point of contact for HSE training programs; LMS system management, conducting new hire orientation and other HSE training programs.
- Complete and maintain all HSE recordkeeping for the facility
- Comply with all Federal, State and local reporting requirements
- Assist with design and installation of environmental, safety and manufacturing equipment to ensure a safe and environmentally sound facility
- Provide aggressive workers compensation case management
- Provide guidance for property risk management
- May respond to emergency situations during standard work hours and after hours for the purpose of remediating EHS concern. Assists in emergency response and provides first aid treatment, as necessary.
- Conducts detailed investigations, root cause analysis as well as makes resolutions and recommendations.
- Identifies opportunities for and leads corrective actions and continuous improvement activities.
- Preferred: Experience with development HSE visual aids and signage. Experience with photoshop or other artistic programs in preferred.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree - Health and Safety or Related Field Required
- 3 years’ or more experience in a responsible health and safety position is preferred
- Manufacturing background preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Industrial hygiene skills is a plus
- Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1964