Group Leader-Production (Crossroads, INTERNAL ONLY)
Group Leader – Production, EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
The Group Leader – Production is a working lead who supports production activities and the leadership team by providing training, guidance and assistance within the group to which they are assigned. Group Leaders help ensure efficiency, quality and productivity through production support, technical expertise and facilitation of on the job training.
· Prepares the production floor for daily production through activities such as toolbox talks, providing safety information, expediting parts, monitoring inventory levels, reviewing production schedules and staffing levels, trouble-shooting machines, dies, jigs and assessing group needs. Keeps supervisor apprised of work progress, delays and/or other relevant issues.
· Assists with the coordination of work and activities of those within the group. Encourages and facilitates team work to accomplish tasks. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish their own work as well as their area of responsibility, under direction of Supervisor-Production or other Operations Leadership.
· Provides on the job training and coaching to others on production processes. Develops and/or contributes to the development of written work instructions and documentation. Reviews and ensures compliance to customer specifications, regulations and other requirements.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members; works well with internal customers as well as external customers, vendors, auditors, etc.
· Monitors and reviews information from systems, productivity levels, scheduling data, backlog, work environment and other sources to ensure production goals are met or to detect and assess issues.
· Inspects equipment, structures, or materials to proactively identify potential issues, maintenance needs or safety concerns. Participate as needed in safety and quality audits and investigations. Elevates findings to ensure they are promptly resolved.
· Provides constructive and respectful feedback to employees about technical matters. Properly escalates any complaints, disputes, conflicts or concerns properly to leadership for resolution.
· Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic/magnetic form as it pertains to production, quality and safety. Ensures document control requirements are being met.
· Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time. Acts a role model for the work force and embodies desired leadership behaviors and attitude.
· Serves as a subject matter expert in assigned production area and other areas. Spends 85% of the time meeting production schedules ensuring quality standards and safety behaviors are achieved.
· Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, processing paperwork and tracking metrics data related to quality, safety and production. Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data, or process information.
· Communicates with leaders, peers, or subordinates to provide pertinent information. Also communicates with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, writing, or by phone or e-mail.
Required Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing, assembly or related production environment.
· Expert in technical battery knowledge with know-how of assembly processes for multiple designs.
· Good manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
· Attention to detail, ability to read technical documents.
· Proficient computer skills in a PC windows environment.
· U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
· Able to obtain ATF clearance (Energetic Devices facility).