Engineering Manager (Medical Devices)
Engineering Manager - Medical Devices
(Product Engineering, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of an Engineering Manager to contribute to a history of excellence applied to cutting-edge medical technologies! Reliability, durability, life expectancy, and – most importantly – cell safety are critical concerns to medical device manufacturers. EaglePicher Medical Power’s implantable batteries can be counted on to deliver longer life, absolute safety, and unrivaled reliability and strength even in the most challenging operation conditions.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an Engineer Manager for our Medical Devices, you will report to the Director of Engineering. This individual will be a key member of the management staff providing technical leadership and oversight of Medical cell development and manufacturing. This role will be a significant contributor and decision maker as we strive to drive growth in a very dynamic and fast paced environment
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee engineering staff who support various projects.
- Participate in the review and preparation of proposals, when needed.
- Plan and coordinate internally funded development projects.
- Provide technical support for validation of product line transfers from other facilities.
- Provide technical support for validation of new designs and processes.
- Provide technical leadership in the investigation of problems and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation of cost reduction and efficiency improvement efforts.
- Manage all technical aspects of the design and production of various cells in the in the Medical product line.
- Provide technical guidance to the Medical Operations group such that target scrap and production rates are achieved.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or related discipline.
- Possess knowledge of data processing tools such as Excel.
- Have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Have experience with presenting technical information to customers and upper management.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience in related role in engineering or project management.
- Be a self-starter and schedule-driven.
- Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- Five or more years of engineering experience with a Class 3 medical device manufacturing business with managerial experience.
- General knowledge of batteries and electro-chemistry.
- Experience with 5-Why, Fish Bone and other problem solving tools.
- Six Sigma background with Lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience with GMP, and ISO 14971 methods.
- A Master’s degree in an Engineering field or related discipline.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.