Engineer (Chemical Orientation)
Engineer (Chemical Orientation)
(Research and Development, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of a Chemical Orientation Engineer to take a lead role in the planning and execution of battery development projects. This position will focus on the development of battery electrodes, cell design optimization, and evaluation of form factor configurations to meet performance requirements.
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Chemical Engineer, you will support development activities to improve electrode materials, and incorporation into new cell designs. Product development activities also include the development of product spec, preparation of supporting documents, tooling and product testing in a cross functional team environment. In this role, you will communicate extensively with customers of EaglePicher’s medical products.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Execute battery development projects from laboratory scale through pilot trials. Evaluate materials, additives, electrode formulations, cell design configurations, and other cell parameters with DOE methodology. Develop critical understanding of battery performance for a given application.
- Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations.
- Prepare material and process specifications, along with other engineering documents, including cost estimates.
- Support all product phases including development, validation, and pilot production.
- Develop a thorough understanding of medical batteries including the design and development steps required by EP and Customers to bring a product to market, and then continue to manufacture and deliver hardware.
- Take an active, hands-on role in the development and production of lithium battery projects, delivering to milestones and performance objectives
- Support projects through the effective communications across multiple levels with both internal and external customers.
- Assimilate in EP’s standard systems and product development process, Plexus, Scheduling, and problem solving.
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemistry. Other engineering disciplines will be considered.
- Have 2-5 years’ experience in an R&D, or Product Development.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Be able to contribute to collaborative team environment, while being self-motivated and hands-on.
- Be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Be skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
- An understanding of battery product design and processing.
- Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.