Electrical Engineering Intern - R&D
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
As an Electrical Engineering Intern with EaglePicher Technologies you will join our Research and Development team as a key contributor in hands on design and testing of Lithium-Ion battery power systems used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and more. You will perform a diverse mix of design, development, test, qualification and production support of electronic assemblies used to manage the charge and discharge of Lithium-Ion Batteries. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. To apply you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
What can EaglePicher Technologies do for you?
- Directly impact the development of the most differentiated, disruptive and value-added battery management system technologies in the industry
- Come and grow with a company that is rapidly expanding into new solution spaces surrounding lithium-ion and other novel battery chemistry system solutions
- Collaborate with a word-class team on leading-edge innovation
- You will have the opportunity to gain broad experience working on a wide range of high-performance products across multiple teams and key customers
- Engage in an environment where teams embrace and celebrate inclusion and diversity
What can you do for EaglePicher Technologies?
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Develop electrical systems from first concept prototype through validation and qualification testing while also ensuring design compliance with both customer and regulatory agency standards and requirements.
- Understand customer requirements and recommend how those requirements shall be translated into a battery electronics system that meets the customer requirement. This applies to new project initiatives as well as modifications to existing legacy systems.
- Perform validation efforts for equipment and process changes utilizing IQ/OQ/PQ methodology.
- Perform hardware support tasks including debug of existing assemblies, selection and justification of alternate components or alternate component sources, qualification testing, documentation updates and corrections, and other hardware related tasks as may be required.
What you need for success:
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline, required.
· Junior or Senior standing following the Spring 2020 semester is preferred.
· Experience designing Battery Management Systems. Prior Mil – Aerospace Design / Development experience is preferred.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- AS-9100, ISO-9001, DoD, MIL-STD related regulatory environments
- Experience with DO-178 and/or DO-254 design flows
- Hands-on electronics test equipment, wire and wire crimping, design-for test and bed of nails experience
- Multidisciplinary design experience either as an individual contributor or as part of a larger multidisciplinary team
- Strong understanding of different battery cell electrochemistry and the electronics that go into a battery management system
- This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have / be:
- Self-starter with a track record of delivering above and beyond expectations.
- A can-do attitude, passion to succeed and an ability and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Solid problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to handle more than one project simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.