Electrical Engineer Position Profile
Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports To: Nate Hobbs, Engineering Manager
Position Location: Joplin, MO
Overview of the Position: The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for taking a lead role in the planning and execution of Electrical System development projects, including the development of system requirements, build processes, system design optimization, and verification and validation of design compliance. Support development activities to improve assembly processes and reduce cost and lead time of systems or batteries. Product development activities also include the development of product requirements, preparation of supporting documents, tooling and product testing in a cross functional team environment.
· Develop electrical systems from first concept prototype through validation and qualification testing while also ensuring design compliance with both customer and regulatory agency standards and requirements.
· Develop system requirements and allocate to down to design requirements.
· Collaborate with the R&D functional groups to design embedded systems for battery management.
· Capture embedded designs in schematics and complete printed circuit board layouts.
· Develop test plans and procedures, and oversee their execution.
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
· 3-5 years of industry related experience in R&D or Product Development.
· Experience working under a requirements based product development setting.
· Ability and experience working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment.
· Hands on experience functionally testing systems and embedded electronics.
· Experience with developing Printed Circuit boards for ease of production and functioning in harsh environments.
· Transitioning products from a development environment into full production.
· Ability to work independently and report progress and critical project parameters to next level supervisor.
· Experience with Altium, SVN, JIRA, or SolidWorks a plus.