Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator, EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
The EHS Coordinator will assist in the compliance of health, safety and environmental issues of one or more assigned EaglePicher facilities under the direct supervision. The EHS Coordinator will focus on the execution and implementation of environmental, health and safety protocols. This position works under the direction of the facility EHS/HR Manager.
- Responsible for facilitating training, recording and monitoring the work environment, and implementing corrective actions as assigned.
- Responsible for learning and implementing applicable Federal, State and Local environmental standards and regulations.
- Responsible for learning and implementing Department of Defense explosive safety regulations under DOD 4145.26-M. Experience with safe explosives handling is preferred.
- Gains a thorough understanding of EHS programs, policies and procedures.
- Routinely participates in EHS Meetings and conducts training sessions.
- Walks the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish EHS presence and develop rapport with personnel and leaders. Identifies areas of concerns and elevates appropriately. Executes remedies as assigned.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files, EHS logs/documentation, processing paperwork and tracking metrics data. Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data, or process information. Reports information as required.
- Assists with installation of environmental, safety and manufacturing equipment to ensure a safe and environmentally sound facility.
- Inspects equipment, structures, materials, processes and ergonomics to proactively identify potential issues, maintenance needs or safety concerns. Participates as needed in audits and investigations. Reports findings to ensure they are promptly resolved.
- May respond to emergency situations during standard work hours and after hours for the purpose of remediating EHS concern. Assists in emergency response and provides first aid treatment, as necessary.
- Participates in corrective actions and continuous improvement activities as required.
- Maintains positive and proactive relations with leadership team and employees.
- Seeks answers to environmental, health and safety questions from leaders and other personnel; ensures appropriate responses and guidance, under the direction of immediate leader, are provided in a timely manner.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree in an environmental, health, and safety related field.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a role that requires general knowledge of environmental, health, and safety practices within a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills in a PC windows environment.
- Effective at communicating with others through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to commute between multiple sites.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11267