Director of Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Director of Engineering is responsible for specified engineering activities related to a wide range of project types including energetic devices as well as custom battery assemblies that contain Battery Management Systems (BMS), battery cells, electronics circuits, electrical connections and mechanical/thermal structures. This position reports to the associated Vice President of Engineering.
- Responsible for the direction of engineers who support various projects.
- Partners with other functional groups to establish processes for maintaining high standards of engineering to ensure that products conform to customer specifications.
- Participate in the review and preparation of proposals, when needed.
- Oversees the planning and coordination of engineering projects.
- Coordinate and interface with multiple levels of functional groups and management to achieve project goals.
- Present technical information related to various products to customers and management as needed.
- Achieves optimum employee staffing, through resource management, to achieve annual business budgetary plan including adjustments as the plan changes.
- Formulates and recommends engineering policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive and financial position.
- Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that impact their performance, behavior and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates resources. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Drives engagement and accountability within the organization. Displays leadership behaviors consistent with company expectations.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of engineering standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to engineering procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Advance and Maintain Compliance with an ISO, IPC, AS etc. standards.
- Ability to travel within a 40-mile radius regularly as well as domestically as required.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Required, Master's Degree Preferred.
- Extensive experience in enineering direction, preferably in a development-oriented envirnoment related to department of defense applications.
- Moderate experience directing an engineering segment of a large company or the entire engineering segment of a smaller company.
- Experience in an environment with hazardous chemicals, robotic equipment, and explosive materials preferred.
- Strong understanding of product development processes is required.
- Minimum of five year’s work experience in a related role in engineering or project management required.
- Knowledge of power and energy storage battery systems is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and program-driven.
- U.S. citizen.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.