Controls Automation Lead
- Job ID
- # of Openings
As an Automation Controls Lead at EaglePicher, you will be responsible to support automation projects and troubleshoot/maintain automated equipment such as robotic-based automation systems, scanners, cameras, printers, scales, HMI, PLC systems, and control cabinets. You will work closely with operation to schedule project and maintenance work. Additionally, you will mentor and develop/train automation controls technicians.
- Schedule project work and equipment down time.
- Assign tasks to technicians and ensure completion in a safe, timely, and efficient matter.
- Coordinate contractors for major projects.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment; perform equipment failure analysis and preventative maintenance
- Maintain control systems, including PLC controllers and industrial networks (such as Ethernet, Devicenet and Remote I/O), motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Perform PLC control level diagnosis and program edits using ladder logic software.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components - photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, machine vision, and encoders.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and edit Fanuc robotics automation system using teach pendant.
- Work with automation team developing concept designs, offer suggestions during the quoting, design, and build processes.
- Work with operations on root cause and problem resolutions
- Communicate with vendors on specification and function of commercial parts for a project via email or phone, resolving issues whenever necessary
- Submit parts and material orders for the assigned project(s)
- Support Automation team project implementation.
- 5 or more years of maintenance/controls experience in production environment with automated processes.
- 2 or more years in a lead position role.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must work well with others and be a team leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and modify robot, PLC, HMI programs
- Understanding of automation tooling
- Project management experience
- Mechanical experience with ability to apply theory to actual practice.
- Experience with industrial pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to read electrical schematics and engineering part drawings
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley control systems.
- Hands-on experience with robotics and vision systems
- Control system start-up experience
- Hands on knowledge troubleshooting hardwire electrical controls.
- Experience with Industrial network communication protocols, Ethernet, devicenet, serial.
- Applicable technical Associates degree or VO-tech education
- Experience with Fanuc Robots
- Experience with Cognex vision systems
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.