- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher is searching for a Category Specialist to join our team at our Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO! This position will be an integral part of the Supply Chain organization, which supports Defense, Aerospace, and Medical.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the total purchasing process, including support together with Category Management (sourcing & procurement) for all purchases. Achieve Cost, Quality and Delivery targets for assigned spend categories. Assess, lead and implement ways to increase overall process efficiency. Manage multiple bid negotiations, in order to maintain strong working relationships with key suppliers and ensure organizational cost savings so that EPT performance objectives are met.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure each Business Unit receives the greatest value from the function by effectively negotiating supplier pricing, lead time and delivery, payment terms, and other terms and conditions;
- Create an understanding of strategic categories by gathering market, trend, and price information;
- Complete documentation for purchase orders and new suppliers as required;
- Complete supplier RFX process. Develop clear understanding of product and supplier to ensure desired capabilities exist with that supplier. Determine and implement most economic ordering methods;
- Request quotes for customer contract proposals with guidance from Supply Chain Management leadership;
- Monitor and order assigned material and/or supplies, working closely with Material Planning team; track cost savings and on-time delivery KPIs;
- Contribute to a strong governance culture by complying with appropriate policies and procedures;
- Facilitate continuous improvement strategies in accordance with lean supply chain management concepts throughout the organization;
- Must have strong collaboration skills;
- Understanding of government procurement policies and procedures a plus;
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
- Strong team player who is able to develop and maintain close working internal and external relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- U.S. Citizen;
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills;
- Ability to ensure ethical behavior in all dealings with suppliers;
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Associate’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain and/or minimum of five to ten years’ relevant work experience.
- (CPM) or (CPE) preferred.
- Government Procurement & Acquisitions experience a plus.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.