Business Development Manager (Joplin, MO or St. Louis, MO)
Business Development Manager
(Marketing Development, Flexible Location)
EaglePicher Technologies is in need of a Business Development Manager to assist in maintaining the company’s world-class standards!
From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Business Development Manager be responsible for overall account management, sales, strategy and relationship management for one of our key accounts. The person will be part of a highly committed, responsive and experienced team with a high sense of ownership and shared accountability for the success of business and exceptional customer service.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Develop the business cases, proposal strategies and lead overall proposal activities for customer’s request for proposals
• Conduct regular business reviews with market segment to build strong relationships and ensure execution of business plans
• Provide timely forecasts of business capture, sales, and order books, and proposals
• Monitor and evaluate competitors’ activities, competing products, and market conditions
• Work closely with technology/engineering departments to assure customer needs are met
• Meet with key clients to maintain relationship as well as negotiate and close deals
• Manage, develop and “own” the execution of key account plans and strategies
To succeed in this position, you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
• Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (electrical, chemical, industrial engineering or related discipline)
• Have a minimum of 5 years proven technical sales experience in defense/government funded applications/markets
• Have a proven track record of profitable sales growth, successful account management including new business development opportunities across a wide range of customers and end use applications
• Be available for regular travel to customer locations
• Be effective in presenting information and responding promptly (peers, managers, clients, customer needs)
• Possess excellent problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to address expeditiously and pragmatically
• Have the “HUNTER” mentality; action-oriented with demonstrated success in achieving established goals such as new business development for both new and existing accounts
• Be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex customer base and demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in fast pace environment
• Possess a high level of technical acumen, organizational and analytical skills; ability to understand and effectively communication matters of battery technology, applications, and performance criteria
• Have the ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as a CRM
• Possess effective interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative interactions and influence all organizational levels
• Possess, model and support highest standards of honesty, integrity, teamwork and accountability
• Have familiarity and understanding of FCPA and other compliance related requirements
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration
• Prior Military Service
• Experience with Boeing or Raytheon
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11372