- Job ID
- # of Openings
As an Automation Controls Technician at EaglePicher, you will be responsible to support automation projects and troubleshoot/maintain automated equipment such as robotic-based automation systems, scanners, cameras, printers, scales, HMI, PLC systems, and control cabinets.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment; perform equipment failure analysis and preventative maintenance
- Maintain control systems, including PLC controllers and industrial networks (such as Ethernet, Devicenet and Remote I/O), motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Perform PLC control level diagnosis and program edits using ladder logic software.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components - photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, machine vision, and encoders.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and edit Fanuc robotics automation system using teach pendant.
- Work with automation team developing concept designs, offer suggestions during the quoting, design, and build processes.
- Work with operations on root cause and problem resolutions
- Communicate with vendors on specification and function of commercial parts for a project via email or phone, resolving issues whenever necessary
- Submit parts and material orders for the assigned project(s)
- Support Automation team project implementation.
- 2 or more years of maintenance/controls experience in production environment with automated processes.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and modify robot, PLC, HMI programs
- Understanding of automation tooling
- Project management experience
- Mechanical experience with ability to apply theory to actual practice.
- Experience with industrial pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to read electrical schematics and engineering part drawings
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley control systems.
- Hands-on experience with robotics and vision systems
- Control system start-up experience
- Hands on knowledge troubleshooting hardwire electrical controls.
- Experience with Industrial network communication protocols, Ethernet, devicenet, serial.
- Applicable technical Associates degree or VO-tech education
- Experience with Fanuc Robots
- Experience with Cognex vision systems