Automation Controls Technician
EaglePicher Technologies is the leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, space and commercial industries, and provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher is seeking a skilled Automation Controls/Maintenance Technician to support automated manufacturing equipment at its facility in Pittsburg, Kansas. This position will work a Weekend Day shift, Friday through Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm.
This position will safety maintain, repair and install machines, tools and equipment to support production activities in automated manufacturing facility and keep the plant operating safely and efficiently.
Ongoing responsibilities include:
- Program and troubleshoot all equipment including PLC driven automation
- Perform equipment failure analysis and preventive maintenance
- Provide assistance to Engineering as needed
- Repair and maintain physical structures using hand and power tools
- Repair, install and maintain electrical systems and fixtures
- Co-lead projects to improve cost, quality, delivery and safety of manufacturing processes
- Lead in technical efforts of writing new process procedures
- Aid in determination of maintenance, calibration and spare parts requirements for new equipment
- Develop and implement process validation and testing
- Design, assemble, troubleshoot and provide documentation to support tooling and fixtures
- Attain high level of performance in the fields of employee relations, housekeeping and safety/health/environmental objectives
• High School diploma with additional technical/vocational training
• Minimum 5 years experience in controls maintenance
• Knowledge of PLC programming and robotics
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Tool & Die strongly preferred
• Welding applications preferred
• Able to work flexible shifts when required
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, short-term and voluntary long-term disability, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement and scholarship program. Relocation assistance will not be offered with this position.