Automation Controls Technician (Crossroads Facility)
Automation Controls Techncian
(Automation/Maintenance, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of an Automation Controls Techncian to join the Maintenance Team! From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an Automation Controls Technician, you will join the Maintenance team, and support the programming and troubleshooting of all on-site equipment, including PLC-driven automated equipment. You will also work with the rest of the maintenance team on establishing new maintenance procedures, and function as a team leader in problem solving and manufacturing process improvement.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Program and troubleshoot all equipment including PLC driven automation;
· Perform equipment failure analysis and preventive maintenance;
· Provide assistance to Engineering as needed;
· Repair and maintain physical structures using hand and power tools;
· Repair, install and maintain electrical systems and fixtures;
· Co-lead projects to improve cost, quality, delivery and safety of manufacturing processes;
· Lead in technical efforts of writing new process procedures;
· Aid in determination of maintenance, calibration and spare parts requirements for new equipment;
· Develop and implement process validation and testing;
· Design, assemble, troubleshoot and provide documentation to support tooling and fixtures.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
· Have a high hchool diploma or GED equivalent, with additional technical/vocational training;
· Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in controls maintenance;
· Display knowledge of PLC programming and robotics;
· Possess strong mechanical and electrical skills;
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Be able to work flexible shifts when required.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· A two-year technical degree;
· A background in automation with a working knowledge of Allen Bradley systems;
· Experience with Tool & Die, and welding applications;
· Experience with Lean and Six Sigma process improvement methods;
· Experience with GMP, ISO and AS-9100 quality system methods.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.