- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher Technologies is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace and medical industries. EaglePicher Technologies’ history as a battery manufacturer dates back to 1922, and we provide the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Our products are used in end products such as precision weapons; armament systems and ammunition; commercial and military aircraft; satellites; manned and unmanned space missions; and implantable cardiac rhythm management (CRM), neuromodulation, and cochlear medical devices. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. We also provide custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
• Effectively supervise, lead and manage Accounting Department personnel, ensuring optimal performance, including developing and coaching team members
• Oversee and manage accounting activities to include: general ledger, account analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
• Review and approval of journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
• Ensure excellent quality monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reporting
• Develop and monitor department policies and procedures; make recommendations and help drive improvements
• Research technical accounting issues on an as needed basis.
• Anticipate changes, contribute proactively to improving processes and practices, and actively support the Company in achieving its strategic initiatives.
• Serve as a resource and center of expertise for all aspects of accounting
• Primary on the development and audit of governmental forward pricing and cost-plus reimbursement rates
• Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with Company personnel, department, and management
• Manage the year end financial audit process
• U.S. Citizen
• Bachelor Degree in Accountancy
• CPA required
• 6+ years accounting experience with escalating responsibilities
• Solid knowledge of US GAAP
• Experience in DoD industry, with knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) and percentage completion revenue recognition methodologies, a strong plus
• “Big 4” accounting experience a plus
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to interpret company financial information and present it to management
• Decisive with a strong operational and process improvement focus
• Strong analytical ability with sound technical skills and solid judgment
• Detail oriented
• Effective leadership skills
• Efficient time management and organization skills
• Accustomed to handling multiple assignments simultaneously
• Proven record of providing excellent internal customer service
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Travel requirements – approximately 15% to Joplin, MO
• Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer
• Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
• Ability to travel, generally by vehicle, in excess of three hours, to manufacturing locations.
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays