Applications Engineering-Principle Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Product Engineering
Applications Engineering serves as a primary technical interface with our customers; as an Electronics Engineer in this group the candidate will be responsible for concept development and preliminary design of electronic systems to support proposals for our Aerospace and Defense markets. Design AC and DC power systems hardware and controls suitable for a variety of environments including defense and space; modify, troubleshoot, and tailor hardware as required for new programs/applications; and work in team arrangement as a Principle Engineer. Ideal candidate will have experience in designing power conversion circuits (AC/DC, DC/DC, AC/AC), precision voltage/current measurement circuits and analog/digital conversion, and analog and digital feedback and control; designing for system efficiency (weight, size, cost, and loss), manufacturing efficiency, and reliability in high vibration and corrosive environments; software development using C and C++ language; use of schematic capture, printed circuit layout and design simulation tools. Customer interfacing and proposal writing will be key functions.
• Review customer specifications, distill critical performance requirements and identify and/or preliminary design of Battery Management Electronics, Power Controllers, Charger Systems, and system interfaces as necessary.
• Prepare, review and/or interpret drawings, specifications and other customer requirements.
• Prepare technical presentations, proposals and whitepapers for new projects/programs
• Coordinate and interface with multiple vendors to determine producability, schedule and pricing of systems.
• Develop system specifications in accordance with applicable engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
• Effectively interpret and communicate technical information and complex ideas in support of external and internal customers.
• Prepare and conduct presentations to peers, management and end customer (written and oral)
• Determine cost to develop and produce to customer requirements
• Travel to support customer meetings and reviews as necessary (~25%)
• Location of job performance will be located in either Joplin, MO or East Greenwich, RI
• Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineerin or related field required.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Embedded controller design experience/capability preferred
• Knowledge of AC to DC and DC to DC power conversion is desired
• Knowledge of analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion is desired
• Experience in precision voltage and current measurement is preferred
• Experience in schematic capture, circuit simulation, and PCB layout is required; prior experience with Altium preferred
• Experience designing for high reliability harsh environments preferred
• Familiarity with AS9100, ISO9001, DoD, NASA, RTCA and IPC standards and quality requirements preferred
• Experience with software/firmware programming is desired
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office for data analysis, reduction, and presentation required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) required
• Minimum five years of work experience in related role in engineering desired
• Demonstrated self-starter and schedule-driven required
• Demonstrated attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information required
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1453