Analytical Lab Technician
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Analytical lab technicians are responsible for all testing to materials that go into EaglePicher devices. They perform the first quality checks to ensure only good materials make it to the production lines. Accurate test results are critical to minimizing device failures in testing and in the field.
About the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform analytical material testing to ensure material quality and suitability for battery and energetic device research and production needs. This position is primarily located at the Joplin plant but will require travel between Joplin and Seneca facilities as needed to support multiple labs. This position will be responsible for testing of battery and pyrotechnic materials. Support in the multiple Joplin area labs will be needed to ensure test results are reported in a timely manner so as to not hold up production.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Perform specific material tests in a timely and accurate manner
- Report results of material tests for validation of material check points
- Maintain databases for all test results
- Maintain test equipment in good working order and pass reports of possible issues to supervisor
- Assist teammates in other labs
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a self-starter and schedule-driven
- Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information
- Have an understanding of basic chemistry
- Work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical Lab equipment experience is preferred
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Measurement and instrumentation experience desired
- Strong background with Excel
- Previous experience handling battery and energetic materials is a plus
- Associate's degree in Chemistry or Science related field
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Reference #: 1968