Analytical Lab Technician (C Street Facility)
Analytical Lab Technician
C Street Facility - EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
EaglePicher’s Technologies, LLC in search of a Lab Technician to join our team! What makes EaglePicher different? We not only have the ability to generate unique and technically advanced designs, but our team can engineer and manufacture those designs for any battery needed in the Defense, Space, Aviation, Medical, and Oil and Gas industries. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Lab Technician, you will join the Product Engineering team and become a key contributor by performing analytical material testing for battery research and production needs. You will accomplish this by performing specific material tests in a timely and accurate manner, reporting results of material tests for validation of material checkpoints, and maintaining test equipment in good working order and passing reports of possible issues to your supervisor.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Perform analytical material testing to ensure raw and finished material powder meet quality standards, and are suitable for battery research and production needs;
· Perform various chemical and particle size tests as well as single cell tests and test pellet production;
· Compile data in preparation for final acceptance of finished blended powder lots to support production needs;
· Maintain reporting and database methods and procedures.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident;
· Have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent;
· Have previous experience with analytical lab equipment;
· Be a self-starter and be schedule-driven;
· Have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· Knowledge of PLEX systems and manufacturing flows;
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field;
· Measurement and instrumentation experience;
· Strong Microsoft Office skills.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.