Advanced Quality Process Manager
Manager – Advanced Quality Process
(Week Days, Crossroads Facility)
EaglePicher’s Crossroads Facility in Joplin, MO is in need of an Advanced Quality Process Manager to assist in maintaining the company’s world-class quality standards! This facility supports various chemistries and departments, including Lithium Ion and CFx, and continuous Research and Development, Defense, Space, and Medical industries. From aircraft power to life-saving medical devices, our various energy solutions have emerged from EaglePicher Technologies’ long-standing specialty battery business. Since its introduction to the industry in 1922, EaglePicher Technologies has become the most diversified battery manufacturer in the world. When you demand the highest quality and most reliable energetic devices, EaglePicher is the only name you need to know.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an Advanced Quality Process Manager, you will join the Quality team, and provide leadership and ownership of the development, rollout, and implementation of Advanced Quality Processes (AQP) such as SPC, Automated Inspection Systems, and Automated Quality Processes. Your objectives throughout your time in this position will include driving these processes across the EPT Enterprise, including SPC, Automated Inspection, Component Traceability, and Automated Data Collection. You will report out regularly on AQP status and next steps, as well as support tactical quality issues as needed.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Develop, maintain, and drive the continuous improvement of factory-level quality metrics and dashboards related to Advanced Quality Processes;
· Develop and own the AQP roadmap;
· Work closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations teams to drive the AQP rollout and to reduce quality risk of new and existing programs;
· Provide consistent leadership and support to site-level Quality Managers and their staff;
· Work with the VP of Quality in developing and rolling out the EPT Quality Culture at all manufacturing sites;
· Report out to the EPT Senior Leadership Team (including President) on the status of the AQP roadmap;
· Automate data acquisition to reduce opportunities for error in operations;
· Make recommendations for capital equipment to drive improved quality, capability, and capacity;
· Support the facilitation of CAPA teams that deliver accurate, thorough, and timely problem resolutions to internal manufacturing, LAT, and external customer issues;
· Provide project planning of cross-functional teams that drive continuous improvement and reduction of process variation;
· Develop enterprise-wide procedures to support process rollout;
· Provide EPT-wide training of AQP Systems;
· Develop direct reports to be independent gurus of EPT AQP.
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business, or related discipline, and/or equivalent experience;
· Have over 10 years of experience in quality assurance, with at least 5 years of experience in quality management or continuous improvement within a manufacturing company;
· Possess a demonstrated ability to implement change and be results-focused;
· Be able to work and achieve goals with little direction;
· Have a detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement techniques;
· Possess excellent organizational and team working/building skills;
· Have the ability to delegate effectively and utilize available resources;
· Have strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills;
· Have a strong working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC);
· Be able to identify and recruit key individuals to support and maintain Quality objectives;
· Be adept in PC Windows Software environment, with knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidates will also have:
· Previous quality experience with aerospace, defense, and/or medical backgrounds;
· Professional certification in ASQ, CQE, and/or CQM, or equivalent coursework;
· Six Sigma or equivalent statistical engineering certification or experience.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.