EaglePicher Technologies is the leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, space and commercial industries, and provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. It offers a wide range of battery technology including thermal, nickel hydrogen, lithium carbonmonofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, lithium ion, reserve lithium oxyhalide, custom battery assemblies and silver zinc batteries. EPT also provides other energy products and pyrotechnic devices for the defense industry as well as advanced battery chargers and other power solutions for business, industrial and recreational applications.
EaglePicher is searching for a
About the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to create timely and accurate financial reporting. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the accounting team in ensuring the financial integrity and excellence of systems and reporting. Accountant will be responsible for timely and accurate month and year-end accounting process and reporting with continuous process improvement effort.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Maintain division accounting policies and procedures
· Month and year-end accounting process and reporting including consolidations
· Maintain GL book with required back up and signatures
· Fixed asset accounting and bank reconciliations
· Process financial transactions including receivables, payables and wire transfers
· Process expense reports in accurate and timely manner in accordance with department procedures
· Prepare monthly financial statement package
· Communicate to co-workers, management, clients and others in courteous, professional manner
· Respond to inquiries from general management and department head regarding expenses, budgets, variances to standards, etc.
· Forecast cash requirements
· Update budgets with current forecasts and bridge the variances
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Integrated accounting system experience a plus
· Detail oriented
· Strong PC and analytical skills
· Knowledgeable of exchange rate conversions
· Good listening and communication skills; able to interact with a diverse workforcePreferences:
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
· Experience in manufacturing environment desired
· Experience in a decentralized environment – multiple locations
· Experience in Standard Costing
· Experience in cost analysis and forecasting
EaglePicher offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, short-term and voluntary long-term disability, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement and scholarship program. This position is eligible for relocation benefits.