Accountant - Medical
- Job ID
- # of Openings
EaglePicher is searching for a Plant Accountant to support general accounting functions for the Medical SBU at either our Joplin or our Clayton Office in St. Louis, MO!
The primary purpose of this position is to create timely and accurate financial reporting. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the accounting team in ensuring the financial integrity and excellence of systems and reporting. Accountant will be responsible for timely and accurate month and year-end accounting process and reporting with continuous process improvement effort.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
· Maintain division accounting policies and procedures
· Month and year-end accounting process and reporting including consolidations
· Maintain GL book with required back up and signatures
· Fixed asset accounting and bank reconciliations
· Process financial transactions including receivables, payables and wire transfers
· Process expense reports in accurate and timely manner in accordance with department procedures
· Prepare monthly financial statement package
· Communicate to co-workers, management, clients and others in courteous, professional manner
· Respond to inquiries from general management and department head regarding expenses, budgets, variances to standards, etc.
· Forecast cash requirements
· Update budgets with current forecasts and bridge the variances
To succeed in this position, you must:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Greencard or US Citizen
· Integrated accounting system experience a plus
· Detail oriented
· Strong PC and analytical skills
· Knowledgeable of exchange rate conversions
· Good listening and communication skills; able to interact with a diverse workforce
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
· Experience in manufacturing environment desired
· Experience in a decentralized environment – multiple locations
· Experience in Standard Costing
· Experience in cost analysis and forecasting
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
· Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
· 10 paid holidays and PTO;
· Matching 401K;
· Tuition reimbursement;
· Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.